9th Assembly: Why APC shouldn’t see my contesting against Lawan as rebellion – Ndume
Senator Ali Ndume representing Borno South senatorial district, who contested for the office of the 9th Senate President without success, has pledged to work with the newly-elected Senate President, Ahmed Ibrahim Lawan.
Speaking immediately after the election which he lost on Tuesday, he explained that he will work with Lawan in the interest of the country.
He described Lawan as a well experienced lawmaker who was four years ahead of him, adding that he happily contested the election which he believes was in tandem with democracy.
Ndume expressed optimism that the ruling APC would not see his action as a rebellion, but as a way of deepening democracy, asserting that what he did made the election of the Senate President credible.
“Ahmed Lawan is my brother who is well experienced having been here four years ahead of me.
“I will give him all the necessary supports. I insisted on contesting against him in order to deepen democracy.”
“I hope the party would agree with me that what I did was in the interest of democracy and I do know that power belongs to God. It’s God’s will that my colleague becomes the President.
“I will do all I can with others for him to succeed because his success is our success.”
- How to Activate Airtel 4.6GB for N200
- BREAKING: Atiku Breaks Silence, Vows To Get Justice Against Buhari
- #BBNaija: See The Embarrassing Moment Tacha Snubbed 2Face (Video)
- MUSIC: Rema – Call Me Rema
- MUSIC: Bella Alubo ft. Zlatan – Agbani (Remix)
- MUSIC: Broda Shaggi – Bolanle (Cover)
- MUSIC: Efe ft. Ice Prince, BOJ – Campaign
- MUSIC: Akon – Can’t Say No
- DOWNLOAD MOVIE: Sunday Igboho [Part 1 & 2] – Latest Yoruba Movie 2017 Premium Action Packed
- MUSIC: Naira Marley X Max Twigz – Marry Juana