Bolivian President Evo Morales resigns as controversy trails his re-election
Bolivian President Evo Morales has resigned amid turmoil following his disputed re-election last month.
On Sunday, November 11th, international monitors called for the election result to be annulled, saying they had found “clear manipulations” of the 20 October poll. Morales agreed with the findings and announced his intention to call fresh elections – after overhauling the country’s election body.
But politicians and the army and police chiefs had urged him to quit. In a televised address, Mr Morales said he would resign as president, and urged protesters to “stop attacking the brothers and sisters, stop burning and attacking”.
Morales, in his resignation speech, expressed hope that the turmoil and unrest across Bolivia would cease.
?”My fight will continue, but I have an obligation to try to secure peace. It hurts that Bolivians are fighting with one another and it hurts that civil committees and leaders that have lost [in the election] are resorting to violence and confrontation among Bolivians.
For this and many other reasons I am resigning and sending my letter of resignation to the Plurinational Legislative Assembly”. Morales said.
- MUSIC: Naira Marley X Max Twigz – Marry Juana
- Bet9ja Sure Prediction Winning Code For Saturday 23/11/2019
- Sure Prediction Soccer Tip For Sunday 08/12/2019
- DOWNLOAD: Hope Of Glory Season 3 Latest Nigerian 2019 Nollywood Movie
- Sure Prediction Soccer Tip For Wednesday 11/12/2019
- MUSIC: Lyta – Worry (prod. Killertunes)
- DOWNLOAD: Hope Of Glory Season 2 Latest Nigerian 2019 Nollywood Movie
- DOWNLOAD: Ekun Alaise - Latest Yoruba Movie 2018 Drama
- DOWNLOAD: Star Girl Part 2 - Latest Yoruba Movie 2018
- DOWNLOAD: APARO - Latest Yoruba Movie 2019 Drama