BREAKING: INEC issues Certificate Of Return to Okorocha
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has issued Certificate of Return to ex-Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha.
According to the Nation, the board obeyed the directive after its management meeting on Tuesday.
DAILY POST reported on Friday that Federal High Court in Abuja ordered INEC to issue Certificate of Return to Okorocha as the duly elected Senator representing Orlu, Imo West Senatorial district.
Justice Okon Abang ruled that the decision to deprive Okorocha of the certificate was “lawless.”
Abang held that only the returning officer of INEC had the constitutional authority to declare a winner.
He held that any person declared a winner by the returning officer remains a winner until petitioners succeed in upturning the declaration at the election tribunal.
- How to Activate Airtel 4.6GB for N200
- BREAKING: Atiku Breaks Silence, Vows To Get Justice Against Buhari
- #BBNaija: See The Embarrassing Moment Tacha Snubbed 2Face (Video)
- MUSIC: Rema – Call Me Rema
- MUSIC: Bella Alubo ft. Zlatan – Agbani (Remix)
- MUSIC: Broda Shaggi – Bolanle (Cover)
- MUSIC: Efe ft. Ice Prince, BOJ – Campaign
- MUSIC: Akon – Can’t Say No
- MUSIC: VJ Adams ft. Dremo, N6, Blaqbonez – Define Rap 2
- MUSIC: Naira Marley X Max Twigz – Marry Juana