BREAKING: Naira Marley arraigned for alleged fraud, remanded in prison
Nigerian singer, Naira Marley remanded in prison by Justice Nicholas Oweibo at a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos on Monday morning.
The rapper was arraigned before the court on an 11 count charge of alleged credit fraud.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had filed the charge against him on Tuesday, May 14, Channels TV reports.
When the counts were read to him, Naira Marley pleaded not guilty.
The court fixed May 30 for arguments on his application for bail.
Count one of the charge reads: “That you, Azeez Adeshina Fashola, aka Naira Marley, and Yard Isril (still at large), on or about the 26th day of November 2018, within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, conspired amongst yourselves to use access card 5264711020433662 issued to persons other than you in a bid to obtain gain and you thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 27(1)(b) of the Cyber Crimes (Prohibition, Prevention etc) Act 2015 and punishable under Section 33(2) of the Same Act.
ALSO READ! Buhari Turns Usain Bolt, Runs In Mecca (Video)
“If convicted on the charge, the musician shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than seven years or a fine of not more than N5,000,000.00 and forfeiture of the advantage or value derived from his act.”
- How to Activate Airtel 4.6GB for N200
- BREAKING: Atiku Breaks Silence, Vows To Get Justice Against Buhari
- #BBNaija: See The Embarrassing Moment Tacha Snubbed 2Face (Video)
- MUSIC: Rema – Call Me Rema
- MUSIC: Bella Alubo ft. Zlatan – Agbani (Remix)
- MUSIC: Broda Shaggi – Bolanle (Cover)
- MUSIC: Efe ft. Ice Prince, BOJ – Campaign
- MUSIC: Akon – Can’t Say No
- DOWNLOAD MOVIE: Sunday Igboho [Part 1 & 2] – Latest Yoruba Movie 2017 Premium Action Packed
- MUSIC: VJ Adams ft. Dremo, N6, Blaqbonez – Define Rap 2