Broadway and Saturday Night Live star, Laurel Griggs, dies at 13 after suffering massive asthma attack
Child star Laurel Griggs has died aged 13.
The actress was on the rise, having appeared on the long-running TV show Saturday Night Live. She was also a Tony Award-winning Broadway actress.
The teenager died on November 5 but the death didn’t surface until this weekend. Her grandfather said she suffered a massive asthma attack.
Laurel made her Broadway debut in 2013 at age 6 as Polly in “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.” She’s best known for her role in “ONCE” opposite Scarlett Johansson, which she performed for 17 months between 2013 and 2015. “ONCE” won a Tony.
Laurel made appearances on 2 episodes of Saturday Night Live. She also appeared in the 2016 Woody Allen-directed movie “Cafe Society” alongside Jesse Eisenberg, Steve Carrell, Kristen Stewart and Blake Lively.
Her tragic passing was revealed on an obituary on Digital Memorial which confirmed her funeral was on November 8.
Actress Eliza Holland Madore, who played Laurel’s sister in the play Once, posted a heartbreaking tribute to the young actress, calling her death “a sudden loss.”
She wrote on Instagram: “Laurel- you were always smiling and always made other people laugh. I’m so incredibly grateful that I got to know you.
“You will never be forgotten, and we will never stop loving you. Everybody in the Once Family is going to keep you alive through us. R.I.P. My heart goes to her family.”
- Bet9ja Sure Prediction Winning Code For Saturday 23/11/2019
- MUSIC: Naira Marley X Max Twigz – Marry Juana
- Sure Prediction Soccer Tip For Sunday 08/12/2019
- DOWNLOAD: Hope Of Glory Season 3 Latest Nigerian 2019 Nollywood Movie
- MUSIC: Lyta – Worry (prod. Killertunes)
- DOWNLOAD: Hope Of Glory Season 2 Latest Nigerian 2019 Nollywood Movie
- Sure Prediction Soccer Tip For Wednesday 11/12/2019
- DOWNLOAD: APARO - Latest Yoruba Movie 2019 Drama
- DOWNLOAD: Ekun Alaise - Latest Yoruba Movie 2018 Drama
- DOWNLOAD: Star Girl Part 2 - Latest Yoruba Movie 2018