Coach Gernot Rohr dismisses rumors Super Eagles lost to Madagascar because of his wife
Super Eagles Head coach, Gernot Rohr has dismissed claims that his players lost their final AFCON 2019 qualifying game against Madagascar because his wife is from the country.
The Super Eagles players had already qualified for the knockout stages of the AFCON 2019 in Egypt, which led Rohr to rest key players and play the second team- a decision that backfired as Nigeria lost by two goals to Madagascar.
Reports then surfaced that Rohr was married to a Malagasy (someone from Madagascar) and because of that didn’t treat the group game like he treated the previous encounters, but he has now dismmised those suggestions calling them ‘absurd’.
In an interview with German newspaper Mannheimer Morgen this week, Rohr explained : ”Some people really wanted the title, but of course we did not. There was a lack of trifles. The success hung by the thread.
”But some criticism cannot be taken seriously. Bad tongues have claimed that we deliberately lost to Madagascar because my wife came from there. That is absurd.”
Gernot Rohr’s next assignment will be on Sunday, October 13, when Super Eagles face Brazil in international friendly game at the Singapore National Stadium in Kallang.
- Exposed! See The 2 Brothers Who Defraud Yahoo Boys By Promising Them Protection From EFCC
- MUSIC: Naira Marley X Max Twigz – Marry Juana
- Again, EFCC Arrests Eight Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos (Photos)
- DOWNLOAD MOVIE: Sunday Igboho [Part 1 & 2] - Latest Yoruba Movie 2017 Premium Action Packed
- MUSIC: Pheelz x Olamide x Naira Marley - Gobe
- MUSIC: Vector ft. Davido – Comfortable
- DOWNLOAD: Imotayo - Latest Yoruba Movie 2017 Muyiwa Ademola
- My Love My Blood Season 4 2018 latest Nigerian Nollywood Movie
- Just In: Osun: Seven Die In Osogbo-Ikirun Expressway Road Accident
- MUSIC: 2Baba – Important