Europa League: Nigerian striker, Sheyi Ojo fires Rangers past Feyenoord as Joe Aribo makes debut
Super Eagles playmaker, Joe Aribo, has made his Europa league debut while Nigerian striker Sheyi Ojo scored the solitary goal in Rangers 1-0 victory over Feyenoord on Thursday.
Ojo shrugged off his injury problems to play a key role for Steven Gerrard’s men, scoring his fourth goal in the competition this season.
Rangers, a Scottish side, started the game impressively and could have taken the lead in the 10th minute after they were awarded a penalty but James Tavernier missed the glorious chance.
However, Ojo, who is on loan from Liverpool, scored in the 24th minute, a goal which separated the sides for the duration of the game.
He featured for 74 minutes before he was replaced by Brandon Barker while new Super Eagles midfielder Aribo came off the bench with seven minutes left to play to help his side keep their first-half lead.
Ojo has made 12 appearances this season, scoring five goals while Aribo has featured 14 times and has four goals to his name, including three in the qualifying round of the European competition.
The Nigerian stars will hope to impress when Rangers take on St. Johnstone in their next league game on Sunday.
- Exposed! See The 2 Brothers Who Defraud Yahoo Boys By Promising Them Protection From EFCC
- MUSIC: Naira Marley X Max Twigz – Marry Juana
- Again, EFCC Arrests Eight Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos (Photos)
- DOWNLOAD MOVIE: Sunday Igboho [Part 1 & 2] - Latest Yoruba Movie 2017 Premium Action Packed
- MUSIC: Pheelz x Olamide x Naira Marley - Gobe
- MUSIC: Vector ft. Davido – Comfortable
- DOWNLOAD: Imotayo - Latest Yoruba Movie 2017 Muyiwa Ademola
- My Love My Blood Season 4 2018 latest Nigerian Nollywood Movie
- Just In: Osun: Seven Die In Osogbo-Ikirun Expressway Road Accident
- MUSIC: 2Baba – Important