Gov. Emmanuel offers corps members N20,000 each for transportation
The Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr. Udom Emmanuel has doled out the sum of forty million and one hundred thousand naira to Batch C corps members posted in the state, which translates to N20,000 per corps member as the money is to be shared among the 2,005 of them.
Emmanuel announced the offer during the official closing ceremony for the Batch C, stream II corps members held at the permanent orientation camp, Ikot Itie Udung in Nsit Atai Local Government Area of the state, where he said the N20,000 is to facilitate corps members transportation to their places of primary assignment, PPA.
According to him, “I want to assure all of you of adequate security of your lives and property throughout your service year.
“Each and every one of you would get N20,000 each to help in facilitating your transportation to your various places of primary assignment.
“I also want to mention that your participation in the national service at this time is coming on the heels of the 2019 electioneering activities.
“I advise you to avoid partisanship when you are engaged in the election process and steer clear of acts capable of putting you in harm’s way.
“Your predecessors in national service have done the country proud in their engagements in such national duties in the past, you cannot afford to fail the nation in your own time.”
The Governor commended the corps members for the discipline exhibited by them during the orientation course, adding that Nigerian youths were highly disciplined.
He challenged them to inculcate entrepreneurial spirit so that they could be employers of labour rather than being job seekers, stressing that government alone would not be able to provide jobs for all graduates in the country.
Earlier, the state coordinator of NYSC, Mr Julius Amusan, urged the corps members to remain focused and shun acts capable of bringing the name of their institutions, family, NYSC and the nation to disrepute.
Amusan charged the corps members to proceed straight to the local government area where they have been posted and report to their employers.
He urged the corps members to forge ahead with determination to succeed notwithstanding the challenges that may confront them.
“Incidentally, you are coming on board of national service at a time when the nation is beckoning on you to assist her in the efforts of deepening sound electoral process,” the state coordinator said.
- Bet9ja Sure Prediction Winning Code For Wednesday 23/10/2019
- MUSIC: Naira Marley X Max Twigz – Marry Juana
- VIDEO: Mild tension in UNILAG as a female student is accused of turning to a Mermaid
- Why Neymar Didn’t Make Ballon d’Or 30-Man Shortlist
- 10 Types Of Women You Are Likely To Encounter Before You Get Married
- See What Happened To Naira Marley In Court Today (Video)
- Audio Pregnancy: Davido Reacts To Rumours That He Impregnated Susan
- MUSIC: Larry Gaaga x Davido – Work (Prod. Fresh VDM)
- Davido Reportedly Impregnated New Girlfriend “Susan” At Eko Hotel (Watch Video)
- Bread seller appointed as SSA to Governor of Zamfara state, vows to continue selling bread after office hours