Labour To Embark On Nationwide Strike If Buhari Fails To Send New Minimum Wage By 31st December
Organized labour has threatened to embark on nationwide strike if the government fails to transmit minimum wage to the national assembly.
Labour leaders have again threatened to embark on an indefinite nationwide strike if the Federal Government fails to transmit the new minimum wage structure to the National Assembly on or before December 31, 2018, Channels Television has revealed.
The leaders who met in Lagos on Thursday said they will not be part of the planned High-Powered Technical Committee as announced by President Muhammadu Buhari during the 2019 budget presentation.
They insisted that all discussions have ended on the new minimum wage as the labour union has since taken a stand.
This comes just a day after President Muhammadu Buhari told the National Assembly that he will send a bill on the implementation of the new minimum wage, soon.
He said this while presenting the 2019 Budget proposal before the joint session of the National Assembly on Wednesday.
The President said: “We have included the implementation for the National Minimum Wage. I will be sending a Bill to this National Assembly, on this.”
He added that he had directed the setting up of a technical committee to look at the mode of implementation.
- How to Activate Airtel 4.6GB for N200
- BREAKING: Atiku Breaks Silence, Vows To Get Justice Against Buhari
- #BBNaija: See The Embarrassing Moment Tacha Snubbed 2Face (Video)
- MUSIC: Rema – Call Me Rema
- MUSIC: Bella Alubo ft. Zlatan – Agbani (Remix)
- MUSIC: Efe ft. Ice Prince, BOJ – Campaign
- MUSIC: Broda Shaggi – Bolanle (Cover)
- MUSIC: Akon – Can’t Say No
- DOWNLOAD MOVIE: Sunday Igboho [Part 1 & 2] – Latest Yoruba Movie 2017 Premium Action Packed
- MUSIC: VJ Adams ft. Dremo, N6, Blaqbonez – Define Rap 2