Police arrest two electricity transformer vandals in Enugu
The Police Command in Enugu State has arrested two suspected transformer vandals whose activities had kept some communities in the state in black-out.
According to the News Agency of Nigeria, the police also recovered up-riser cables, armoured cables and some other components of a transformer from the suspects.
The Command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Ebere Amaraizu, in a statement on Tuesday in Enugu, disclosed that the vandals were arrested on June 23.
Amaraizu noted that the feat was achieved by police operatives on ‘stop and search’ duties through intelligence information and partnership with members of the public.
He gave the names of the suspected vandals as Jude Chibuoke and Chigozie Egwuonwu.
The police spokesman said that the suspects had been in the habit of vandalising electricity transformers in Udi Local Government Area and its environs.
Amaraizu noted that the vandalisation has left the communities without power supply for months.
He said, “They were arrested in Umumba axis of Ezeagu Local Government Area of the state with the exhibits by police operatives as they were trying to make their way to Onitsha to sell the items.
“Further intelligence gathered revealed that the suspect, Chibuoke, is a notorious electricity transformer vandal, who specialises on targeting isolated community electricity transformers without power supply and vandalising their components.
“He takes the same vandalised and stolen items to his standby buyers in Onitsha; just as Egwuonwu assists and conveys him and exhibits with motorcycle.”
Amaraizu disclosed that the state Commissioner of Police, Mr Suleiman Balarabe, had directed for investigation into the incident with a view to unmasking more suspects involved in the alleged unwholesome act.
According to him, the suspects are now helping police operatives in their investigation.
- MUSIC: Naira Marley X Max Twigz – Marry Juana
- Sure Prediction Soccer Tip For Thursday 12/12/2019
- MUSIC: Timaya ft. Falz – WIN
- DOWNLOAD: Omi Adagun - Latest Yoruba Movie 2018 Drama
- VIDEO: My Husband My Friend - Latest Yoruba Movie 2017 — Muyiwa Ademola, Damola Olatunji
- DOWNLOAD: Owara Part 2 - Latest Yoruba Movie 2018 Drama
- MUSIC: Oxlade & Reekado Banks – Craze
- DOWNLOAD: A YEAR TO LIVE [Part 2] - Latest Yoruba Movie 2018
- DOWNLOAD: GOOD NIGHT [Part 2] | Latest Yoruba Movie 2017
- MUSIC: Wande Coal – Ode Lo Like