Poly Ibadan management burns all the phones seized from students during examination
While addressing newsmen on Wednesday, July 10, the institution’s deputy rector, Bayo Oyeleke, said school authorities have resolved to make sure the polytechnic’s examinations are sacred, Tribune reports.
We gathered that Oyeleke stated that to this end, school authorities have ordered that mobile phones, worth millions of naira, which were confiscated from the students during examinations be set on fire.
The devices were all burnt to ashes at the school’s premises on Wednesday. Oyeleke said the school decided to take such action to restate its commitment to fighting examination malpractices to the barest level.
He said: “We are here to take further action on our resolve to ensure that the crop of students and products being produced by the school are students with exemplary character and are those who really work and worth the certificate of the institution.”
He disclosed that the school’s examinations are guided by rules and that any student who disobeys these rules will face the consequences.
He said: “There are rules guiding the principles of our examinations and one of it is that no student under whatever guise should come into the examination hall with cell phones but you know that some students are very recalcitrant.
“We have resolved to confiscate them because it has been expressly stated on their examination paper that any phone found on any students during examination shall be confiscated and in order not to allow any of the phones to filter out, the school has resolved that such phones shall be burnt.”
- Bet9ja Sure Prediction Winning Code For Wednesday 23/10/2019
- MUSIC: Naira Marley X Max Twigz – Marry Juana
- VIDEO: Mild tension in UNILAG as a female student is accused of turning to a Mermaid
- Why Neymar Didn’t Make Ballon d’Or 30-Man Shortlist
- 10 Types Of Women You Are Likely To Encounter Before You Get Married
- See What Happened To Naira Marley In Court Today (Video)
- MUSIC: Larry Gaaga x Davido – Work (Prod. Fresh VDM)
- Audio Pregnancy: Davido Reacts To Rumours That He Impregnated Susan
- Davido Reportedly Impregnated New Girlfriend “Susan” At Eko Hotel (Watch Video)
- Bread seller appointed as SSA to Governor of Zamfara state, vows to continue selling bread after office hours