Prof. Victor Uwaifo accuses Jaywon and Simi of copyright theft
Veteran Nigerian singer, Prof. Victor Uwaifo, has accused music stars, Jaywon and Simi of remixing his hit song ‘Joromi’ without obtaining permission from him.
According to the singer who was one-time Edo State Commissioner for Arts and Culture, he won’t be suing but encouraged new generation singers to give credit for their work.
Here’s what he said in his exclusive chat with Vanguard Showtime;
“They didn’t contact me before doing a remix of Joromi; but I’m like a father to them so I can’t begin to drag them to court, so let them make a living out of it, but at the same time it’s piracy.
I’ve heard it too many times on different occasions; it shows the quality of the music that has come a long way. As far as I’m concerned I’ve lived five lives (from one generation to the other), so if they want to appreciate and still appreciate me, it shows the quality of the music. .
It’s one thing to be an artiste and it’s another thing to stay on the scene for a long time; so I will not discourage artistes trying to remix or do another rendition of Joromi, but rather encourage them to give credit to the composer if they do”.
- MUSIC: Naira Marley X Max Twigz – Marry Juana
- Bet9ja Sure Prediction Winning Code For Sunday 20/10/2019
- MUSIC: Tobi Shark – Letter to Usherdee (Diss)
- BREAKING: Court denies Sowore’s Bail Application
- #Headies2019: Headies Awards 2019 Full List of Winners
- The Jacket Wizkid Wore to His Starboy Fest In London Cost N2.3m
- BREAKING: Davido Welcome First Son, As Chioma Delivers Baby Boy
- DOWNLOAD: Mimo Part 2 – New Intriguing Yoruba Movie 2018 Starring Motilola Adekunle, Femi Adebayo, Ronke Odusanya
- UDUSOK 2018/2019 Post UTME Admission Form and Eligibility for Admission Announced
- DOWNLOAD: Agartha Part 2 – Latest Yoruba Movie 2018 Premium