Sowore Still In DSS Custody 6 Days After Being Granted Bail
The convener of #RevolutionNow protest, Omoyele Sowore and his co-defendant Olawale Bakare charged with treasonable felony are yet to meet the conditions attached to the bail granted them on October 4, 2019 by a Federal High Court in Abuja, a report by TheNation has revealed.
Sowore and Bakare were granted by in a ruling last Friday by Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu who attached conditions, which his lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN) described as stringent.
It was learnt on Wednesday in Abuja that their lawyers have decided to return to court to seek a reduction in the bail conditions to those which the defendants could readily meet.
Justice Ojukwu had, while granting them bail, Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu also barred them from participating in any form of protest pending the conclusion of their trial.
The judge, who granted Sowore bail at N100million and two sureties in the same amount, barred him from travelling out of Abuja.
The judge also ordered him (Sowore) to deposit N50m in the account of the court as security.
She granted Bakare bail at N50m with a surety in the same amount and barred him from travelling out of his base in Osogbo, except while coming for the trial in Abuja.
The judge added that the sureties, who must be resident in Abuja, must also have landed assets worth the bail sum in Abuja, and should deposit the original title documents of the assets with the court.
Justice Ojukwu ordered that the defendants be remanded in the custody of the Department of State Service (DSS) pending when they are able to meet the bail conditions.
- MUSIC: Naira Marley X Max Twigz – Marry Juana
- MUSIC: Tobi Shark – Letter to Usherdee (Diss)
- Bet9ja Sure Prediction Winning Code For Sunday 20/10/2019
- BREAKING: Court denies Sowore’s Bail Application
- The Jacket Wizkid Wore to His Starboy Fest In London Cost N2.3m
- #Headies2019: Headies Awards 2019 Full List of Winners
- BREAKING: Davido Welcome First Son, As Chioma Delivers Baby Boy
- DOWNLOAD: Mimo Part 2 – New Intriguing Yoruba Movie 2018 Starring Motilola Adekunle, Femi Adebayo, Ronke Odusanya
- UDUSOK 2018/2019 Post UTME Admission Form and Eligibility for Admission Announced
- DOWNLOAD: Agartha Part 2 – Latest Yoruba Movie 2018 Premium