Swedish Court Clears Footballer, Dickson Etuhu Of Match-fixing Claims
Nigerian Footballer, Dickson Etuhu has been cleared of match-fixing claims by a Swedish court on Thursday.
The former Premier League player was charged with trying to influence a match between IFK Gothenburg and his former club Stockholm’s AIK by the goalkeeper of his team Kenny Stamatopoulos.
Upon Stamatopoulos informing the club about the alleged approach, the game, scheduled to hold May 18, 2017, was postponed.
However, after hearing testaments from both players, the Stockholm district court ruled in favour of the Nigeria midfielder, stating that there was not enough evidence to be convinced of Stamatopoulos’ claim.
In its judgement, the court said: “To discuss a crime only in general terms is typically not punishable,”
Etuhu played in England featuring for Manchester City, Preston North End, Norwich, Sunderland, Fulham and Blackburn Rovers before a switch to Sweden. He also represented Nigeria at the 2010 World Cup.
- MUSIC: Naira Marley X Max Twigz – Marry Juana
- Bet9ja Sure Prediction Winning Code For Wednesday 23/10/2019
- VIDEO: Mild tension in UNILAG as a female student is accused of turning to a Mermaid
- Why Neymar Didn’t Make Ballon d’Or 30-Man Shortlist
- 10 Types Of Women You Are Likely To Encounter Before You Get Married
- See What Happened To Naira Marley In Court Today (Video)
- MUSIC: Larry Gaaga x Davido – Work (Prod. Fresh VDM)
- Audio Pregnancy: Davido Reacts To Rumours That He Impregnated Susan
- Bread seller appointed as SSA to Governor of Zamfara state, vows to continue selling bread after office hours
- Davido Reportedly Impregnated New Girlfriend “Susan” At Eko Hotel (Watch Video)